Saturday, January 31, 2009

45o (113 Fahrenheit) too hot to stitch !!!!










We have been having a record breaking heat wave reaching 45 degrees (113 degrees Fahrenheit) in Melbourne yesterday and I am really over it!!!! Summer is not my favourite season and I just can't wait for autumn to arrive - one month to go. Our air conditioner can't cope with these temperatures so the house is really not cooling down a lot plus the overnight temperatures have still been so high. I really do get frustrated when I can't stitch. Today won't be much better at 40 degrees.

Only made a little progress on my Derwentwater Design - one of a pair which I got during my visit to England. I am enjoying working the design which is by Rose Swalwell, based on the designs of Margaret Macdonald and Charles Rennie Mackintosh. (Not very good photos but it is too bright and hot to take them outside).

I have sent off my Round 11 Fair and Square Swap to U.S.A. this week so am pleased to be a little ahead given the fact that not much stitching happened this week.

No comments: