Sunday, December 4, 2016

SAL November

It just seems the months are disappearing quicker than ever - or is it I am just working slower. I can now see with only a few weeks until the end of the year that my PHD (projects half done !!) will certainly be on going.  The little needlebook finished in November is a design by Betsy Morgan of Willing Hands Needlework Designs. It is part of a kit I purchased when I attended a wonderful class with Betsy at Beating Around the Bush Seminar. The kit is called Edinburgh Reticule and was inspired by Edinburgh Castle, Holyroodhouse Palace and Mary Queen of Scots.  Betsy has lovely and interesting ways of finishing her articles and the spine of this little needlebook was laced together with silk ribbon.

4 comments:

Mary said...

That looks gorgeous Marg, love the subtle colouring. Look forward to seeing it in real life.

Sheryl said...

This is a lovely little needlebook. I wonder what threads you used, the colour is very pretty.

Margie May said...

Sheryl thank you for your comments. The thread used was Gloriana silk.The front cover worked backstitch was Arhem Heath and I was very happy with the result as they were my favorite shades

Melinda Forbes said...

This is beautiful. Wonderful finish